Sunday, May 5, 2019

Yr13 Intervention Linear programming

  • #1.  Raise Māori student achievement through the development of cultural visibility and responsive practices across the pathway as measured against National Standards and agreed targets for reading Years 1-10 and NCEA years 11-13. As a CoL leader within school. I  am more interested in inquiring about student learning and my own practice.
AS91574 (3.2 ) Linear programming( Internal 3 credits)
My learners have finished with their second topic(Differentiation) and will be moving to the third topic tomorrow. This is an online internal test using Demos, I am very excited to get started tomorrow.

I hope this topic will add three more credits towards Achievement or Merit or Excellence as this topic is fun and interactive. My challenge will be in figuring out how to accelerate teaching with in four weeks to gain better grade as this grade contributes towards Merit or Excellence Endorsements.

Achievement
Achievement with Merit
Achievement with Excellence

·       Apply linear programming methods in solving problems.
·       Apply linear programming methods, using relational thinking, in solving problems.
·       Apply linear programming methods, using extended abstract thinking, in solving problems.



I have been working through Linear programming (3.2, Internal) with my 13MAA.
I got student input on how to teach this topic and after discussion with
 my students, I made the following planning decisions:

Intervention Designs:

  •           I am going to apply SOLO taxonomy, Desmos software and differentiated teaching to apply effective,            appropriate pedagogy.
·    I’ve decided to spend more time on forming equations, constraints and optimisation.
·    I have made a site already using Video lessons, Khan academy videos, Online quizzes, Power points and repetitive practice on online  past papers to enhance learning and promote self-directed learning to imitate university life. A ViTal sheet will be used to track their progress.
·    Continuing with study classes on Wednesdays and Fridays after school for greater achievement and teach scholarship too.
  •  At half-way through the topic, I will give them a KWL chart to track progress.
  •  At the end of the topic test, I am going to get feedback from the students to get their strengths and                 weaknesses in order to organize reassessment if needed.
  • Continue to work with Dr Janni van Hees to improve their comprehension skills to form equations, optimization questions.
  •  What is desmos?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open day activitics