Sunday, May 26, 2019

WRFC#(6) Developing a set of hypotheses


WRFC#(6) Develop a set of hypotheses about patterns in your teaching that could be changed to more effectively address the student learning focus.
My hunches are - I need to promote self-efficacy, Self-directed learning, and imitate university environments. Student enjoyment affects their success. Doing homework helps to retain knowledge. I need to help teach them how to manage their own time effectively and not leave things to the last minute! 
My challenge is to integrate these skills into my own practice to get my students to university by the end of the year. Also, cater for scholarship students.
I have been working with colleagues from my school and other schools, taking students to Pacifica Career Expo, organising NZDE whanau evening and working as mentor, running extra tutorials, initiating collaborative inquiry for one/two of the topics, collaborating with my colleagues for two of my internals, contacting parents to update their children’s progress, making time for scholarship preparation, preparing online lessons and asking for feedback to improve my own practice. 
I try to get feedback from the students on each topic at the beginning, halfway and end of the topic to ensure the best results as every grade counts towards the rank score.

Professional Reading:
Differentiated teaching by Carol Anne Tomlinson & Michael Murphey.
Escher on Ecsher by D Schattschneider 
Calculus Abstract Algebra by David S. Dummit and Richard M. Foote
Calculus Made Easy by Silvanus P. Thompson
“Calculus – Single and Multivariable” by Hughes-Hallett
Maori  designs by Reuben Paterson Maori Artist
SOLO Taxonomy: by Pam Hook; Julie Mills
The Calculus Lifesaver: All the Tools You Need to Excel at Calculus
 by Adrian Banner
Differential and Integral Calculus  by  Richard Courant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open day activitics