Sunday, May 26, 2019

WFRC #8: Describe the development hypotheses


WFRC #8: Describe your process for developing hypotheses (what you read, who you talked with)
(1)  Am I promoting self-efficacy?
·         Self-efficacy is a psychological skill. Fortunately, When I was at university I did a paper on Child Psychology. It actually helped me work with all learners. I am going to use google forms, students voice, KWL chart and interviews to develop the skills. Term 1

(2) Are my expectations/resources challenging enough for my students to get good grades (Merit or Excellence Endorsement)
·         I am working collaboratively with two of the internal with my colleagues in the department.
·         I work with colleagues from other schools as there is only one class doing year13 Calculus at Tamaki College. This is especially important for my scholarship students to compare the progress with the other students as scholarship is highly competitive.
·         I am presently upgrading my coding skills by to incorporate spehero into kinematics to make learning more meaningful.

(3) Am I Promoting self-directed learning to imitate the university environment and helping students to choose the correct carrier pathway?

  • I have modified my teaching methodology in one of the topics to require the students to have greater autonomy. My role is to facilitate the learning rather directed by giving resource book at the beginning of the unit as well as the specific deadline. This allow students to put input in their own learning and crate their own learning pathway.
  • I took my learners to Career Expo as I mentioned on the previous blog. Present undergraduate students and qualified engineers discussed the university environment and self-directed learning.
  • Two ex-students Havea pamaka (Qualified Engineer) and Emma Brown(Qualified Engineer) are coming to work with my learners to strengthen the pathways.
(5) Am I giving them enough practice for them to retain their knowledge?
·         I am running extra tutorials to meet my learners’ needs.
·         I have engaged the parents in supporting their learning and encourage them to attend classes.
·         My learners have access to online revision tasks that I have made available on workspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open day activitics