Thursday, August 1, 2019

Intervention design -Integration

Raise Māori student achievement through the development of cultural visibility and responsive practices across the pathway as measured against National Standards and agreed targets for reading Years 1-10 and NCEA years 11-13. As a CoL leader within the school. I  am more interested in inquiring about student learning and my own practice.
    

AS91579 (3.7) Apply Integration methods in solving problems


Achievement
Achievement with Merit
Achievement with Excellence
·      Apply integration methods in solving problems.
·      Apply integration methods using relational thinking, in solving problems.
·      Apply integration methods, using extended abstract thinking, in solving problems.

Plan:

This is the last topic for the year and it is an external topic and I have just started working through integration (3.7, External) with my 13MAA.
I got student input on how to teach this topic and after discussion with my learners, I have developed some teaching strategies.

My practice:
SOLO taxonomy, CHECK CHUNK and CHEW techniques and differentiated teaching in pedagogy will be used.
I will also continue with study classes on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Learners will be sitting a halfway test, end of the topic test and mock examinations which will give them a derived grade.

Intervention: 
The changes I made for my teaching practice, I will apply to this topic for the next 6 weeks.
Link is here.
Hypothesis - Students are unsure how to interpret contextual exam questions, especially at the Merit and Excellence level. I  believe, Practice by using past examinations will help them.
Hypothesis- Students make careless mistakes in Algebra which cost them many marks.I believe cross checking and marking would help them to overcome this.
Hypothesis- rewindable learning-I believe by accessing NZQA wed site will learners to fill the gaps.

Next step:
I will continue in the next blog about monitoring.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Open day activitics