Sunday, June 23, 2019

Intervention Designs- Systems of equations

Raise Māori student achievement through the development of cultural visibility and responsive practices across the pathway as measured against National Standards and agreed targets for reading Years 1-10 and NCEA years 11-13. As a CoL leader within the school. I  am more interested in inquiring about student learning and my own practice.


Systems of Equations As91587(3.15)


Achievement
Achievement with Merit
Achievement with Excellence

·       Apply Systems of equations methods in solving problems.
·       Apply Systems of Equations methods, using relational thinking, in solving problems.
·       Apply Systems of Equations methods, using extended abstract thinking, in solving problems.


This is last internal(3 credits) for the year to the 13MAA class. This is an exciting topic as it entails an online assessment with the use of Geogebra to draw graphs.
I got student input on how to teach this topic and after discussion with my students, I made the following planning decisions:

Intervention Designs
I am going to apply SOLO taxonomy, Geogebra and differentiated teaching in pedagogy.
  I’ve decided to get help from Dr Janni on forming and using a model which will; relate findings to a context, communicate thinking and use appropriate mathematical statements.
I am going to focus on Problems which are situations that provide opportunities to apply knowledge or understanding of mathematical concepts and methods.  Situations will be set in real-life with mathematical contexts.
I am going to focus on building accuracy and Algebraic skills as this has been identified as a student weakness.
I have made a site already using Video lessons, Khan academy videos, Online quizzes, Power points and repetitive practice on online past papers to enhance learning and promote self-directed learning to imitate university life.
I have decided to continue my study classes on Wednesdays and Fridays including scholarship topics as well.
At the end of the topic test, I am going to get feedback from the students to get their strengths and weaknesses in order to organise a resit if needed.




Every week I will do one to one interview and progress test to see the improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiry question3- PartB