Saturday, March 16, 2019

My Inquiry-Plan Year13 (Calculus))


AS91578 (3.6 ) Apply differentiation methods in solving problems


Achievement
Achievement with Merit
Achievement with Excellence

·       Apply differentiation methods in solving problems.
·       Apply differentiation methods using relational thinking, in solving problems.
·       Apply differentiation methods, using extended abstract thinking, in solving problems.



I have been working through Differentiation (3.6, External) with my 13MAA.
I got student input on  how to teach this topic  after discussion with
 my students.
I made the following planning decisions:

I am going to apply SOLO taxonomy, CHECK CHUNK , CHEW technique and
 Differentiated teaching to teach the topic.
I’ve decided to spend more time on contextual word problems, on optimisation, related rate
 of change and properties of graphs (limits, differentiation, concavity and continuity)
 as the students find this most challenging.
I have created workspace using Video lessons, Khan academy videos, Online quizzes,
 Power points, Education perfect and repetitive practice on online  past papers  to 
enhance their learning and promote self-directed learning to imitate university life. 
VTaL sheet will be used to track their progress.
Work space creation    : 


https://workspace.teacherdashboard.com/public/#/w/5c846840ee9aa70973151594
workspace




I have started my Wednesday and Friday study classes to provide extra support
and improve outcomes.
I have divided the topic into two parts- skills and application. Half way through each topic, I will hold a skill test to gauge progress on their skills. At the end of the topic students will
sit a practice test which will imitate the NCEA examination in November.
At the end of the topic test, I am going to get feedback from the students to get their strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open day activitics