Sunday, April 5, 2020

Begin to collect evidence and data and come to the next session ready to share your preliminary findings of the nature and extent of the student challenge i.e. using your baseline student data and evidence.

TAI2020WRFC Inquiry question#4: 

Ethnicity: I have collected ethnicity breakdown from kamar.
There are 23 learners; 3 Maori students(13%), 10 Tongan students(44%), 5 Samoan students(22%), 3 Cook Island Maori(15%), 1 Pakeha(4%) and 1 Asian(4%). This class has great diversity and last year only one of these students endorsed with Merit.




As seen below, the 2019 Data shows that learners sat two externals (Algebra and Graphs). It says one learner gained Merit endorsement, eight learners passed Algebra, three learners passed the second externals and the rest of the learners passed neither. From the baseline, I understand there are lots of Algebraic skills and bridging the knowledge work needed to cope up with year 12 work. I only took external results into consideration as they are more challenging than internal credits and give a view of standards nationally.

As I look at my preliminary results, it is clear there are 4 types of learning levels in this class. The challenge will be catering to all these groups of learners.

1 comment:

  1. Actually this is a really good example Christine. I had been doing some of this as well, in fact, in Technology we all collect data for all learners in a data sheet, that I had completed overlooked and forgotten about because it's become normalised. I shall all that to my blog post about evidence and data collection of the learners. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Open day activitics