Monday, April 27, 2020

Practice and Revision 2.2 Graphs Ctd Term2

We started Term 2 in full swing with online teaching.
I gave all the learners' information and teaching content on my site. I planned to link every single lesson on the google calendar and record them so students could go back and rewind learning. It went very well, and I enjoyed acclimatising to this new way of teaching.
For the last two weeks, I have been working on practice tests with students, recording their progress on the tracking sheet, and then they did the final test last Friday.
So far, 14 students managed to finish the practice test successfully and 14 out of 22 students came online to do the internal. Most of them completed it and the rest stopped halfway due to technical issues.
I have decided to catch up with students after school hours and start planning the next topic next week (3). Those who failed to come online due to various reasons may continue after school hours if needed.
Through this journey my learners and I have made good progress as detailed below:
(1) Collaboration with whanau
(2) Leaners have more independent and are experiencing self-efficacy.
(3) No behavioral issues.
(4) Making use of online whiteboard(miro white board) when asked complicated questions and Algebraic questions.
(5) Effective online testing.
(6) Rewardable learning.
(7) An effective way of differentiation.
(8) Online feedback and marking the progress on a tracking sheet.
(9) My relationship with my learners was strengthened.
(10) I normally provide students with the Graphics calculator; however, they are currently locked in the classroom. Two students went online and bought calculators to sit the test with, which was really pleasing for me.


https://sites.google.com/s/1F_o2G_kgkSrotvA-NgcHOGcfwKmE_kia/p/1qwaMgCAc9p9vhu5YckKTDNkQFD2ducvp/edit
Student instruction











Tracking sheet








































































Next step: I will continue these pleasing learning progress with the next Trigonometry topic next week.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great result for online teaching Christine. I really like how you think that this has improved their self efficacy. After our talk today about the use of the whiteboard app (Miro), I have had a go using it during a meet. Thank you for that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your feedback Karen.It adds motivation to my online journey!!!!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the screenshots that you have dropped into your blog post to reflect the teaching, learning and journey that you and your students have undertaken. I also love that you are able to feedback that 14 of your learners have already completed the practice test. Well done Christine. Karen shared with the Techies, the Miro board that you have used in this particular lesson sequence. I am yet to try it out myself, but your post has shown me how you have used it which is great. I'm also lightened to see how the tracking sheets have been effective for both yourself and your learners to see their progress. Great read Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tracking sheet idea is really working for me. Thank you for your feedback and it makes me empowered.

    ReplyDelete

Go SOLO As91581(3.9) Bivariate data