Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Desire of 2023

 What achievement challenge are you considering as an area of focus in 2023 and why? Include in your WHY both evidence and your own passion/expertise


Achievement Challenge 1- this gives me the opportunity to work on strategies that will improve the achievement of all of my learners.

In my role as a CoL teacher within the school over the last four years and as an Asst HOLA, I have been successful with this challenge.

So far my inquiry is based on year 12 calculus, year 13 calculus, year 11 general math, and year 11 Akomanga kainga this year. Through these inquiries,, I made a powerful contribution to the manaiakalani goals.


I was able to share skills and knowledge via blogs and sites that I created. Designing online tasks is extremely beneficial for students, colleagues, and me.

This has been structured and supported using the teaching inquiry model. My favorite online tools are Miro online board, google jam board, and Dochub using apple pencil.


Next year I will be aiming to focus on the Year 12 Statistics class to enrich the Statistical pathway using literacy strategies and incorporating blogging.

Specific goals and outcomes are:

Facilitating year 12 students into the year 13 Statistics pathway to strengthen the the  health science pathway

This includes gaining at least 14 credits in year 12 to qualify for the partial diploma entry level.

Learners should also pass the external exam. 

Maori identity and their career pathway.


Management Goal: As an assistant HOLA, I look after year 12/13-year planners, unit plans, online assessments, common workspace, and supporting colleagues to teach.

Literacy strategy applies to my own practice and I share these ideas with my colleagues.

Therefore the Achievement challenge is a perfect match to cater to every learner.


What learnings from the 2017 - 2022 CoL teacher inquiries have informed or inspired your thinking?

  • I started my journey in 2012.

  • I have been working as a CoL teacher from 2018 to date and I have made a powerful contribution to Manaiakalani's goals.

  • I follow others' blogs, use my own practice in blogs, and share with my colleagues too.

example. I always follow Ms. Ferguson's inquiry, especially with SOLO taxonomy, I got fascinated with Ms. Anderson’s inquiry with oral language in math will accelerate my confidence(2021). Ms. Apelu’s Tapasa frame is about how to cater effectively to Pacifica learners. Sammy’s problem solving strategies in Mathematics(2022).Calrelle’s maths inquiry.

  • Online teaching strategy using lockdown.

  • Getting feedback from any colleagues is inspiring.

  • Made movies for Manaiaknale with the influence of others.


How would your work support Manaiakalani pedagogy and kaupapa?

  • The learn, create, share baseline of Manaiakalani is how we structure our work in Mathematics.

  • I ran Learn to create share PD in 2019(Robotics), 2020( Miro online board), 2021 ( create 3D shapes using Geogebra), 2022 ( Facilitator for Toha toha share staff meeting)

  • My class site/workspace is set up with set-by-set instructions and examples of what they have to do for each project.

  • I spend a lot of time creating in my subject, and I like to structure our work using SOLO taxonomy to ensure there is depth and rigor in what we do for the higher levels of NCEA achievement. 


Which elements of the extensive Manaiakalani research findings inform or challenge you as you think about this?

  • Feedback wool fisher to the whole cluster every year.

  • In 2018, Lenva Sharing helped me line up my inquiry with research findings.

  • Furthermore 2018 to date as CoL teacher within school, my planning is completely based on the research to enhance their learning.


How would you like to be supported in 2023 as you undertake this inquiry?

  • More effective online lessons to cope up with lockdown situations.

  • I would like to engage learners into blogging to improve reading, writing and comprehension skills.  

  • Running PLD if needed.

  • Encourage blogging. 

  • Collaborate with primary schools to have a smooth transition with a new curriculum refresh. 



How would you plan to support your colleagues in your school with THEIR inquiries and/or teaching in the area you are exploring?

  • Share my own practice as an example, How to use LCS in my own practice.

  • Share the resources , online assessm  to the colleagues

  • Continuing to model inquiry on my blog.

  • Connecting them to colleagues in the CoL as I have found this so useful myself.

  • Sharing on Google Plus, and in CoL.

  • Presenting to Tamaki staff about inquiry and blogging, continuing from last year.

  • Presenting at secondary connect, Manaiakalani Learn, create, share PLD.

  • PD sessions if needed

  • Weekly conversation/ tracking/one-to-one support

  • Maintaining a log  and giving ongoing feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go SOLO As91581(3.9) Bivariate data