Monday, July 27, 2020

Plan for AS91262 (2.7 ) Apply Calculus methods in solving problems (External 5 credits)

Plan for AS91262 (2.7 ) Apply Calculus methods in solving problems (External 5 credits)
My learners have finished Algebra AS91261 (2.6 ) and the last internal As91269 Systems of equations(2.14, internal 2 credits). 
This topic is L2 Calculus and the pathway to the Year13 Calculus course.
I got student input on how to teach this topic and after a discussion with my students. I made the following planning decisions:
Applying SOLO taxonomy, to work on Achievement/Merit/Excellence.
Spending more time on Keywords, Differentiation, Integration, Kinematics, Optimisation, and wordy questions.
“Do now” questions every day to work on Calculus skills.
 Dr janni Van Hees will assist in tackling complicated contextual questions.
Tracking sheet will be used to track their progress.
Continuing my study classes on Wednesdays and Fridays (after school hours.)
 I will give students a Chunk, Chew, Check to retain the knowledge until examinations(November).
At the end of the topic, learners will be sitting a practice test as this is an external topic.
Using the online whiteboard, videos, lots of repetitive practice form past papers, and education perfect to make my online lessons more effective.
•Go hard with their homework.
Also, I am going to give lots of practice during extra study classes  to prapare them for mock examinations next term which decide their derived grade. My upcoming holiday class focus will be on  past papers.
       Next step: GOSOLO for AS91262 (2.7 ).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open day activitics